mystery bits that were felted with roving, scrim and gauzy ribbons...
And they turned out to be rocks. I decided that the one with scrim wasn't the best choice for this application - the gauzy ribbon gave it the feel of a wet rocks - which they should be.
I added seafoam by twisting and scrunching white ribbon and gauze and then tacking them down by hand.
And then you may remember later in the week I mentioned that there was a "roh-roh". You know what it was? That damn sun! I had the huge yellow blo that totally didn't "go" and was just sitting there looking like a 5-year-old`s take on a sun. Unfortunately, I had sewn it down really, really well. So, my first thought was to paint it lighter. But, uhmm...
That didn`t work.
(Actually, when I scrolled past it just now, it made me laugh out loud. So feel free to lol yourself!)
So, after I had unpicked stich by delicate stitch ::sigh::
Undone some of the quilting of the sky to access the back of the fabric in order to plump it up ::cranky sigh::
I discovered that the yellow paint I had used had leaked through to the fabric below. ::ARGH!::
Washing it out helped some, and I was left with a slightly yellow tinted area in the sky, a sort of ghost sun. It kind of worked, actually. (phew!)