All in all, I'm really pleased with this technique and I'm sure you'll see more of it in the pieces to come. For the next little while, I think, I'll be concentrating on painting the stabilizer and using it in these kinds of applications.
However, to recap what happened - I started out with my clean up cloth, which I interspersed with my "grid" pattern - I wanted it to represent an abstract city landscape.
And I had to show you his pants because I was so proud of them when I made them. As a beginning painter and one who is flying completely by the seat of her pants - when I did them, I worked intuitively, and in the end, I thought they looked quite good. Almost like a real painter!
But what it's taught me once again, is what I said at the beginning of the year - I need to take a drawing class and a water colour class!
Anyway, experiment done and I think he turned out rather well. I'm very pleased.
Have a great weekend everyone!
P.S. - Process posts here and here, and linking up with M-R of Quilt Matters for TGIFF -go check out what everyone's got finished this week!