So, I'll be talking to myself (and you) about the design process. Here goes!
1. this piece is going to need to be big - 90 inches across maybe - 60 or so long - since the shirt is a real shirt.
2. Background quilting - good for the most part - I like the mix of her thoughts (as represented by the flower quilting, waves and pebble quilting) mixed with his more angular and confused thinking
3. the writing is a good affect but maybe on top of the painting? There's a lack of clarity there that is problematic - the writing is where the power is in the piece
4. Not sure about the placement of the doll and shirt. Maybe they need to be switched?
5. I like the colour palette but needs to be less demarcated - also teal needs to be more teal - all the colours need to be slightly more intense, actually.
Feel free to throw your hat in the ring - with questions and comments. This isn't going to be a collaborative effort, but I'm working on this piece real time so your thoughts are welcome. :)
Linking up with WIP Wednesday at The Needle and Thread Network.