Ta dah! Here's the finished textile collage :)
As you can see, there have been some changes since Wednesday - check 'em out, after the jump!
When I originally got this cardinal's background ready to fuse - there was a problem, and it was of my own making.
Usually when I make one of these fabric birds, I make it slightly bigger than I need and than I trim it to fit. I blocked it after the initial background quilting, and then thought that because I wanted the branch to go nearly to the edge, I might as well trim it to fit right away before I added the branch.
Swing and a miss!
After I added the hand stitching and fixed the fold (see Monday's post for what I'm talking about); the edges pulled up. Dag nab it!
Soooooo, I had to pull some more of the backing fabric, add a bit on the bottom, quilt it, and get back to business.
Except, once I did that - I realized there was another problem - it looked imbalanced. Although the reference photo (which I don't have permission to post here), only had the single branch in the frame - for some reason I thought the cardinal was too "in your face".
Nothing for it, but to make another branch.
So, beginning on Monday - you're going to work through a complex piece with me from beginning to end.
Hope you have a good weekend!
P.S. - Joining in the fun at Off The Wall Fridays! and at Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday through Made in Home and Show Off Fridays at a Pieceful Home.