January 7, 2013

I'm REALLY excited...

I'm so looking forward to showing you this finished piece, because it's my favourite so far!

I started with one of my "dropcloths" - at this point, I can't remember whether this was a constructed one or a true dropcloth, though I'm leaning towards constructed...

I batted it up with a good quality fleece (thanks Deb Lacativa for that cost effective and fabulous tip!) and began quilting.  I had black thread in the bobbin from a prior project and didn't think it would matter but... CRAP.

So I unpicked it all and re-quilted:

Now THAT's better.

More background on Wednesday - and I think it's the background that makes this one so special.  See you then!

Kit 120


Deb said...

Can't wait to see whats coming here.

You are so welcome! (I need to make a trip to IKEA to replenish my fleecebatts!) ...and I did the same thing with the wrong colored bobbin; another lesson learned, start machine quilting with a tiny "test sandwich" just to make sure everything is copacetic before I start running amok on the Art.

Beth said...

Love your "signature" (smile) backgrounds. I took a workshop from Wen Redmond about using paints from PrChemical and Dye and we learned so mush about creating art cloth. Possible playdate????

Post a Comment

Please be patient: comments are moderated because of the evil spammers. Your comment will pop up soon!