Angélique needs some hair, don't you think?
I had originally made her bald because I intended her to have a head wrap as the female slaves did; but I decided that after months of imprisonment, torture and being carted from town to town, she would likely have lost her head covering.
So I hand cut her hair out of some previously fused black and brown-black fabric, and got to cutting.
There! Now all she needs is a trim. :)
And then flames.
I started by painting some lutradur (really, we should just leave that part out now, how many times in the last months have I said "I started by painting some lutradur"); but I did! And I painted
a few sheets in different variations of yellow, orange and reddish orange.
And then all that remained was to cut those flames out.
The big finish on Friday!
P.S. - it's Wednesday, so I'm linking up with The Needle And Thread Network for WIP Wednesday. Go on by and check it out!