You see, even though I'm playing, I wanted to continue to experiment with the possibilities of the stabilizer.
Here, you see the man in his more or less finished state, but I began the same way as with Trayvon's face...
Having first ironed fusible web to the stabilizer, peeled off the backing and put it on my glass, I sketched out my man in pencil and then cut him out using the heat tool.
And then I started painting him - right on the glass.
I used acrylic paint, blending to get the colours I wanted, and after this base was dry, I used an artist's (anime) pen to fill in the details - and speaking of details, I used a gold leaf pen on the rungs of the organ as well as in the decorative stars on it.
And I quilted the background with this great varigated thread that I've had forever and hadn't had a chance to use.
To see how it all comes together, come back on Friday!
And I'm linking up with the Needle And Thread Network - go check out what Canadians who work in fibre are up to!